Summer is finally here and with the world opening up again, you will no doubt be looking for a very special holiday, the first for a few years, since the start of the pandemic. Of course, if you’re going to take off for 3-4 weeks, luxury should be on the agenda and we’ve spent a while looking at some of the premier resorts where you can holiday in 2021.
- The Maldives – The Maldives simply has to be at the top of our list and what could be better than a luxurious overwater pool villa in The Maldives, with your own chef and barman, who are always ready to create something special. You can book online and we recommend doing this sooner rather than later, as millions of people have a similar plan to you and once you are booked in, you can start to prepare for the holiday of a lifetime.
- The Caribbean – The Caribbean islands have long been a favourite for the jet-set, with St Lucia, Antigua and Saint Martin being just a few of the islands with 5-star resorts. Read up on the many islands and you could fly to Miami and take a cruise around the Caribbean, which combines stops at many luxurious destinations with the sheer luxury of the cruise liner.
- Ha-Long Bay, Vietnam – This is the go-to beach for the jet set, as Vietnam offers a range of natural environments, including this amazing stretch of beach. Clear blue water and white sandy beaches offer a postcard vista and as you would expect, there are shady areas where you can sit back and drink your favourite cocktail. A Google search will help you to find a 5-star resort and you can combine your time at Ha-Long Bay with the other attractions that Vietnam has to offer the foreign tourist. Here are a few more great beach holiday destinations.
- Phuket, Thailand – The jewel of Southeast Asia, Phuket is a very popular retirement destination where you can book a poolside villa for a month and really chill out. Spend an hour surfing the web and you might find a great last-minute deal, or book for later in the year. If your budget stretches that far, charter a luxury yacht and escape the world for a few weeks, with a luxury yacht that is fully crewed and will take you to the best places in the Andaman Sea.
- The Algarve, Portugal – The southerly section of Portugal offers a fantastic coastline, with resorts and quaint fishing villages where you can stay at a top resort with everything at your disposal. This region became very popular in the 1960s when the rich and wealthy Europeans stayed during the winter and the Algarve is as popular today as it was 50 years ago.
There might be travel restrictions in place, so do check online regarding entry requirements, which might be in place during the pandemic. Remember that many people are also looking to book a holiday in 2021, so be quick with your booking.